Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New things around the house*

Some of you know about my free chairs off of craigslist. So without further adieu, here they are!

P6160009 

P6160010

They have good structure. I have to give them a good cleaning, the lady I got them from had cats and my husband as highly allergic! And then I need to figure out how I am going to recover them. If I want to pay someone to reupholster them with some nice microfiber (aka durable to kids) or if I just want to buy a sewing machine and find someone to teach me how to make a slip cover. I wonder if I would go broke trying to reupholster both of them?

I can see them in a little nook with a nice round table beside them and some cozy blankets!

Table

P6140001

I got this table on our little trip to Richmond last weekend. It was sitting in a yard sale that was ending and I hurried and ran over to it gave it a quick look down and a kiss. I asked how much and they said 5 dollars and I said SOLD! I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it. But I think it looks cute here as soon as I can figure out how to hide some of the craziness of the cords and accessorize it! My hubz keeps hinting around to a new flat screen. It goes something like this “Yeah a flat screen would really look great on that table” Ok maybe it is not a hint, that is a full blown statement! I would like to see some nice floating shelves above it! All in due time..

P6140002

Closer up. I am really like the dark wood. I had a nice beachy feel in our bedroom but all of a sudden it is a bit different. On the other side it has drawers but they need to be refaced so I will do that eventually!

What do yall think keep in the dark rich wood? Change it up? Maybe a light canary yellow? Thoughts?

Craft Table

And last but not least my craft table! I paid 20.00 for this and its got good storage and a cute little door and a huge flat surface for creating beautiful things!

 P6160008

P6160007

It has some surface scratches but oh well. I am not sure what kind of material it is. It is super heavy… Maybe MDF? I don’t know what to do with MDF!

Ok friends. That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{I love everything you have to say}