Monday, July 19, 2010

My bedroom is coming along!!!

I am very excited to share my bedroom with yall and THE FREE ARMOIRE. I have made it a NO KID ZONE and when they walk in I tell them to immediately walk out. This is for my husband and I to enjoy with no toys, no sticking finger prints, and no dirt. I still have a couple things to do but I wanted to show you where I am so far.

P7190055


No sheets on the bed…. Our sheets are red…. Those are the only summer sheets we have, that will be changing soon because they are very itchy! Everyone deserves one really good set of sheets. If you haven’t entered my give away for a really nice set of sheets from Serena & Lily go here and enter!



I will start making our headboard soon. I need to figure out what exactly I want the fabric to be. Maybe some linen? With some tufting!
P7190058

The black pedestal end table is from target, new it is $80.00, I got mine off of craigslist for half that! I just had to have it. This will get a coat of blue to match the other end table. The books under the lamp will get modge podged with some lovely paper.
P7190059

P7190060

There is that blue end table ;) From Here.
P7190061

The 3 shelves I got off of craigslist for $10.00. I am still accessorizing them.
P7190062

I have talked myself into getting a regular arm chair but it has to comfortable to replace the rocker. I don’t know if I can get rid of the rocker, it may go into my daughter’s room. Along with the comfy arm chair I will get a nice storage ottoman! I have some ideas on these.


This lamp below and the one above will almost be getting a spray paint makeover. I just got up enough nerve to paint the new Home Goods lamp (from above) Max & Isabella’s room did an amazing lamp makeover!
And we all know the importance of lamps from The Nester she loves her some lamps!
P7190064

P7190065

Do you recognize the armoire? YEP that’s the free one I got off of craigslist. Here. I was so anxious to get it up into our room I sped through the doors and they need another coat DANG! But they are easy to take off and take down and do really quick!

P7190067

I heart pearls!
P7190068

P7190069

Cameron helped with this. He put the shells and starfish in there. Love him!
P7190070

These now light blue candle stands were dark brown!
I swear nothing is safe from spray paint!
P7190071


These were $1.00 and I bought them for the shelves but they are too wide at the bottom and did not look right so for now they sit here. And you can see a peak of my son’s art work. That’s a bird house shaped like a castle I got for .98 cents at Michael’s and he painted it.
P7190072


Waiting on my duvet to be here… Tess Duvet from Serena & Lily
P7190073


White will do for now. And a nice throw.
P7190074


Armoire again. That little bowl next to it, I made in the 9th grade in art class!
P7180044

P7180045


See that little dark, red blob in front of the candles. Yeah that is a little man that goes in a little car from a little McDonalds toy, that our Chihuahua got a hold of and chewed up. Cameron came running up to me with tears in his eyes saying Lucy chewed it. Cameron played with this thing every day. He loves it. He was very upset which made me very upset. And then he lit up saying “I KNOW… DADDY WILL FIX IT!” God he melts my heart… So here it is waiting for daddy to fix it… hmm

P7180046


Alright there it is. And the things I want to do with it! What do you all think?!?! Give me your thoughts!! Let me pick your brain!! You. Are. Getting. Sleeeepppyyyy. haha

=)

holly


Getting my link on...

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/




8 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! Love the soothing colors. And all the white. :)

    I could crawl in that bed right now, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bed...You should make a white tufted headboard ! It would look amazing with that bed/bedding

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a beautiful room...the bed looks so comfy and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking GREAT! I am in the middle of redecorating our master and it is white as well! I will be checking back to see how it turns out! Good job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a great space, first off. And I was even thinking the white looks so fluffy and lucious...i'll take it for my guest room, thank you very much. :) It is looking beautiful and and it will only get better. And your nightstand is the perfect pop of color! Thanks again for linking up!! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made your master bedroom into a real retreat. The colors are so soothing. Your armoire looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from Nifty Thrifty Tuesday! Your room is really coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good...thanks for coming to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

{I love everything you have to say}