Friday, September 24, 2010

New foyer dresser

We have a small foyer in the front of our house and I didn’t know what to do with it! So I wanted a small dresser to fill the space and have some extra storage.
I looked on craigslist for a few months for the perfect dresser. I wanted it to have legs, I wanted a certain style, and I wanted it to be real wood. Well all of these things added up to big dollars and I’m cheap!
So finally, after months of prowling craigslist I found one! It was perfect and it was only $50 dollars!!
P9180037 P9180038  P9180039

Now when I first got it, it was not in bad shape. But I wasn’t really loving the yellow with the dark wash over it. Almost made it look dirty!
So I cleaned it with some TSP

1b202c42-8fcd-4972-9b5d-14deb64398ad_300

TSP is a paint prep:
It takes off the gloss and cleans the piece that you are painting! So I started with that and cleaned it up real good and then sanded down lightly just to smooth down some imperfections.
I used the light blue that I have used in a lot of other projects. I got this out of the OOPS bin at Home Depot and it is very light blue/grey/white!
Two coats of paint, a coat of poly and a day later, here it is:
P9240045 P9240044 P9240043 P9240042 P9240041
P9250037
{inside the drawers}

I need to get the handles back on but I am figuring out which direction I want to go with them and lamp shades! Lamp shades are expensive!!

So there she is…
I really love this dresser! It fits so neatly into the little wall there.
I had a mirror but my mom bought it =)
So that is on the list too (which is never ending)

Linking up with:

 UndertheTableandDreaming
Photobucket
Furniture Feature Fridays




8 comments:

  1. I really love this dresser! Great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job! It was definitely worth the wait and the elbow grease!

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks lovely! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo...I love it! I love the bow-front shape and the paper inside. You did a wonderful job, Holly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lines of this piece. It's beautiful. And the new color is perfect! I find really cheap lampshades at Good Will! They have great stuff. Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and what a great fit for that space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! You did a great job. The whole piece looks beautiful. I think glass knobs would be perfect. I find cheap knobs and pulls on Ebay. :)

    ReplyDelete

{I love everything you have to say}