Monday, October 11, 2010

Cleaning your sink

I don’t know about you but I hate a dirty, smelly sink! We have a chrome sink and it gets grimy! I was always scrubbing and scrubbing with dish soap and it never really got that deep brown grossness…
So I am going to be brave and show you some pictures of our sink!
 
P9130248
Can you see the brown at the bottom? And the white on the sides?

P9130242
Here is the other side with the food chopper upper!

P9130245 P9130246
And then the grime in the ring around the drain…
EW!
So for this you will need things you probably already have around your house.

PA110034 PA110033 PA110032

You will scrub with the baking soda. I just used my fingers and it works just like a scrubbing pad but it’s baking soda! You will see the grime just come right off.

Next I poured a little vinegar around the sink and down the drain. Any vinegar will do, this is just what I had!

And the lemon is just for a little extra and the smell! I cut it in half and squeezed it around the sink and down the drain and let the warm water rinse it all down!

I also cut small slivers of lemon skin off and put it down the drain where the chopper upper is and grinded them up.
To freshen things up.

P9130250
Can you tell which side is clean?

If you guessed the left, you are right!

P9130243 P9130244
All clean!
P9130249

So what do you think? You going to do yours now too?

Show me what you did!

Also on a side note, I have been missing! My mom is getting married on Saturday, and we bought a new van, and I am working tirelessly on my garage it is so full I can’t even walk in there!

Would yall like to see the new van? Let me know and I will do a post on it!
holly

Linking up with :

A Little Knick Knack

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference! Great job and thanks for the advice. I could definitely use this for my sink. I always love stuffing orange rinds down my sink and running the disposal. The smell is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there! I am your newest follower!! I found you on the weekend linky! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    THank you for this. My husband hate it when the sink is dirty:)

    ReplyDelete

{I love everything you have to say}