Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Little gizmo’s around the house

I am painting a lot of furniture right now but none of it is quite ready. The weather here has been dreary and rainy and gloomy! Ugh, this kind of weather is not good for a gal and her motivation level! I mean really, I want to snuggle in bed with a good movie and a glass of wine!

So I painted a lot today, it was cold and I hate the cold…
Got a lot done but not finished!

So I have been collecting things for around the house that my husband does not have to haul in himself! That way he doesn’t even notice them and doesn’t know that I have spent money! Wahoo!
So I will show you my new gizmos! (I just love that word, say it, its fun!)

P9250048

Did I show yall this already? I am not sure.. So there is the letter R that I did! You know the drill. Letter from Michael’s, scrap paper, modge podge!
And the cool little frame is from Luckett’s Store in Leesburg, VA when I went to see Miss Mustard Seed at the Luckett’s fair.

I need to add something to the bottom but I have to find it first. Any ideas?

P9250047

I got this little… I don’t even know what to call this? A hanging bucket? Anywho I need to get something to put in it but I like it! I got it at a little antique shop around my house. I was thinking some twigs for Fall/Halloween. =)

P9250046
Basket from.. goodwill possibly. The basket holds extra trash bags! And a vase with an awesome body I got from a free yard sale. It started out completely different…
See it there on the end? Far right side.. Yucky yellow and grungy looking?

P8250398
Nothing is safe from spray paint I tell ya! And you can see the pitcher next to it? Second thing in the picture above… That got a nice coat of paint too!

P9060048

P9250044
That is now here. Yes she is lonely but these things take time and skill.. No I’m kidding I just haven’t been back to goodwill to find her a mate or two!

P9250045
I mean, I had to have the jar! We love jars around here!!
I got it from Marshall’s for like 8 bucks!
I think it looks great next to the chrome and black coffee maker!

P9250042
I should of got an up close and personal picture of this. I really love it actually. I am not sure if it is going to stay there because it is so pretty to have way up high on the top of the cabinets.. I got it at an antique shop!
The detail on the rim is really pretty!

P9250041
Yikes ignore the sticker price tag still on the bottom! UGH!
But I got my little trio on, I need to get some more rocks, but like I said rain and dreary here! And again, you know the drill with making these right? Easy peasy dollar store vase with a dollar store candle stick holder and some glue!

P9250040
This plate holder was in the “Take to goodwill” pile and I took it back! Wow I am such an Indian giver!!
But I have been collecting white plates, they are all similar but all different! I love them and there are more than 3 there just had to double up! But I might start hanging some (haha I accidently wrote someONE) on the wall WHEW!

P9250039
I love these gizmos! They came from an antique shop too! This is the other side of the dining room.. Fitting right!?

P9250038
Well I wanted Miss Mustard Seed’s white ironstone pitcher but I was too late and a couple weeks ago I was walking through target and spotted this! Hey I love that! Look at price $13.99 HEY I can afford that!!
White Target Pitcher <—There it is!

P9250037
Yes I got my catalog from Pottery Barn and had to copy them on this one too!
So off to Michael’s with my coupon to find the spookiest looking apothecary jar, some huge rocks, and I had the chalkboard spray paint already! And here is my version of PB’s. The jar has a little foot at the bottom, yes that is hard to see.. My photography skills are not great! Sorry!

P9250036
Copper keys meet pretty glass stand =) Again photography skills… I need help!

P9250035
I love this sign.. Found at the same antique shop that I got the cast iron fork and spoon above. Williamsburg Antique Mall it is a good time!

PA040046
The white milk glass was in the collection of free yard sale things a couple pictures up! I had a knife block, but it was so masculine! And now all the knives are in a drawer and this pretty feminine milk glass with pretty cooking utensils is in its place! My poor husband =) He is such a trooper.
Cork board to hold my recipes or pictures of the kids when I get them developed and cute little thumb tack things!

PA040048
I actually just got the corkboard because I wanted to use those pretty ball thumbtacks! Wow did I just admit that!? I’m a loser!

And that drawer I found a while back, painted light blue, just sitting there.. Candles are expensive!!

As I was trying to paint today my kids were driving me bananas.
So all my creative, painting juices were flowing but I couldn’t continue because they needed my attention!
So this sign was born…
It isn’t the greatest, but it was my first attempt at stenciling and white washing and using stain to add age!
The Rhodes’

PA040050 PA040049
I wonder how I can make the letters stand out more? Suggestions? It isn’t THAT light in real life, but it could stand to pop a bit more..

That is all folks! I hope you enjoyed my new gizmos around the house! One more step to making our house a home!

What good gizmos have you found lately?!

Now on to enjoy one of these:

PA040042

Until I start seeing things like this:
PA040043

I’m kidding.. kind of!

And a little sneak peak?

PA040033

holly

Linking up with :
A Little Knick Knack

2 comments:

  1. hey scarecrow twin!
    such a good idea to spray paint vases, etc, to make a cohesive collection. are you going to stick them all above your cabinets, i like that. especially when all one color!

    nope, i'm pretty sure s is not going to paint. he is busy working on other stuff-not house stuff to my dismay. and he's helping his parents reshingle their roof for two weekends, so boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm reeling with all the fun things you got going on at your house! So cute! I love antique stores. I especially love antique stores that I can afford! ;)

    ReplyDelete

{I love everything you have to say}