Friday, December 17, 2010

I am a little obsessed with anything French

Hello. My name is Holly Rhodes and I am a Frenchaholic. Yep that’s right I love any and all things French. The men, the language, the food, THE FURNITURE!

So now that I have come clean about my obsession lets get right to it shall we!?

I saw these two dressers on craigslist for $50.00 for the pair. (Oh yes there will be another reveal of another dresser!!)

I was very quick to e-mail and set a day to come and get them.

I was so excited to get them home. Really I love them!

The long one standing in as a sexy TV stand had to be painted by Thanksgiving.

And I got it painted… So here it is!

IMG_1621
IMG_1629

I was so excited to start painting I forgot to take a picture with all the drawers.
And here she is now:

IMG_2481
IMG_2484
IMG_2482

Ok the deal with the one white drawer pull… I was experimenting and I didn’t like it! So they are all going to go black and some point! Maybe when the weather turns warm again? *hah*
So I like it and it matches our dining room table.
I do have a bit of a decorating identity crisis, I guess I will call my decorating style white French beachy farmhouse!
Sounds good to me!

What is your style? Do you mix it up? Do you stick to all one?
holly

Furniture Feature Fridays

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special








19 comments:

  1. oooh it looks beautiful, holly! and i am so glad you mentioned the one white pull... i was totally wondering what was going on there! :)
    have you been to big v lately? i took tiffany's group groove today- so fun! even though this girl can not dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly it looks awesome! A dresser makes an amazing TV stand!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a quick fix on the handle, you could colour it with a sharpie marker...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, Holly! I think I have a decorating identity crisis going on also - beachy cottage industrial chic! But it works for me and makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dresser!! My taste is anything but modern! I tend to lean towards the country/traditional/shabby style, but really...when I look around my house...it is a huge melting pot of furniture types!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks just awesome!! You did a great job and I do like the black handles best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing! Great transformation! We've always had our TV on a dresser (well, until now) and I think they are so much more charming than the usual TV stand!!

    Your new bff, {I had to pop over here to meet you all formal like}

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous piece! Wait till Miss Mustard Seed sees this one. :) You'd better hold onto it tight!

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really beautiful. Glad you explained the white handle as I was wondering! :) A gorgeous dresser makeover. Sonia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Holly!

    Love what you did with the dresser, then again, I am a little partial to painted furniture since that is how I make my living, LOL! You did a fantastic job on the dresser, and yes I LOVE the style!!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the curves of this dresser! It looks so fresh and crisp now....from dingy to loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great new look. I like the curves of that piece. I mix styles, too. A home looks better that way I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow stunning transformation, coming from Kims and glad I stopped by great blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the two toned look!The wood top is very rich. You gave this piece a new outlook! Beautiful!

    Merry Christmas!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. It came out great! We use a dresser as an entertainment center too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great makeover! I love those french pieces too, the curves are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome find! It turned out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo, I love it! I really did a double-take, because it looks almost exactly like mine! :) I also am eye-balling your French chair next to it. You just let me know if you ever get tired of it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice -Isn't Craig's List like the best? You see something most people would think it is junk and turn it into a beauty -I found your blog through Savvy Southern Style -I am enjoying browsing your posts.

    ReplyDelete

{I love everything you have to say}