Thursday, December 23, 2010

A New Chandelier for Audrey

Hey Yall!

I was floating around cyber space and stumbled across this picture

150825_1463473068446_1282060847_1068469_7411705_n

From Marie Ricci. Wow does she have some amazing chandeliers! But this one in particular (and all of them actually) are out of my budget. So off I went to recreate it.

I found the ceiling medallion at my trusty ole Home Depot for 19.97 and I had a 10% off coupon.

IMG_2687

Just plain Jane but it had those beads on the outer rim that hers has on the inner.

Then for the chandelier.

IMG_2662

Do you know where I got this? If you guessed Craigslist then you’d be right!
Of course I got this off of craigslist for $20.00.
They sell the same one in Home Depot for $120.00.

Had the spray paint already from her pink shelf. At least now I know her chandelier and her shelf match.

So after lots of scrubbing of the chandelier and spray painting it.

We hung it.

This was not as easy as I thought it was going to be.

But it the end we got it to work!

And only blew 5 bulbs in the process!

IMG_2828

IMG_2833 IMG_2829

So I love it. I need a couple more light bulbs (if you didn’t notice 2 are missing!) and I need to get some more of those faux crystal drops. The original had lettering on the medallion and I may add it if I find a good word or two. Marie Ricci’s said Sweet Dreams. Yall have any ideas?


And since you have never seen my daughter’s room I will give you a little tour!

IMG_2820IMG_2823IMG_2822IMG_2825IMG_2815IMG_2821IMG_2819

IMG_2816IMG_2817

IMG_2811
Kisses from Audrey & Thanks for visiting her room!

Linking up with:

HookingupwithHoH

A Little Knick Knack

6 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful! i love it in pink and the ceiling medallion really makes it shine! i can totally see some awesome funky red and pink curtains.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so lovely Holly! I would love to do the same for my little girl's room but there is no overhead light and doing the wiring is beyond me. You're so lucky!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute! I spray painted a brass chandelier like that - such a quick and cheap transformation eh?

    If you want to make the light a bit more funky/modern, look for the round lightbulbs at Home Depot or wherever.

    http://lifebeginsatthirtyright.blogspot.com/2010/08/dressing-room-lamp-re-vamp.html

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE paint!!

    your fixture looks ah-mazing!! love the addition of the little crystals.


    **oh ... and i needed to tell you ... i just got myself a canon rebel... it comes tomorrow. i'm so excited!! do you get a sewing machine for xmas!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing once with a chandelier!! I ordered some crystals too off eBay and added them. It was pretty fun :) Love your pictures and thanks for the comment on my blog!
    Take care,
    anne @ www.openbookgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little lampshades & some letters from a craft store saying SWEET DREAMS would completely make it awesome,especially if you got some crystals off ebay. I LOVE IT HOLLY!

    ReplyDelete

{I love everything you have to say}