Friday, March 4, 2011

Painting to make Spring come

With 16 days to go until Spring, I am really hurrying it along. I have already broken out the rollers and the paint brushes! I am tired of it being too cold to go outside and paint! I.am.ready.to.paint.something!!

So I went out there today with a small jacket on and was ok so I painted.

I am not done yet but this is what I am working on.


IMG_3294

This armoire is gigantic. I would say a bit more than 6 feet tall. We bought it in Baltimore, my husband had to go without me because it was so big. Had I went I would of probably not bought it. The hinges and screws were starting to rust and it was missing some chunks of wood by the legs. But my husband did buy it and now it’s ours so I am making it beautiful.

The lady had it listed for ‘shabby chic’ but this thing was more shabby than chic! I don’t want my distressing to ever look like scuff marks on a piece of furniture!

I sanded and gave it a good bath and started to paint it and she is looking pretty.

IMG_3296
{Drawers}

IMG_3297
{Doors}


The reveal soon!

And an update on my rug dilemma. I ordered the patterned rug today and I got a KILLER deal on it! SCORE.

MLA12278936a
{Rug here at overstock}

Thanks for stopping by. Have you started working on any Spring projects??

holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

{I love everything you have to say}