Friday, April 22, 2011

Mom Cave {In Progress..}

I have been a slacker.. I know I’m sorry! I have a whirlwind of things going on in my life!

From kids getting stitches, to husband issues, to toddler not behaving issues, to a very intense medication I started.

So anyways I have been working on my mom cave. I am doing it on a small budget so I get things as I see them on sale or find it for a good deal. So I wanted to show you an updated room because it is coming along and I am loving where it’s going..
So as a reminder this is what the room looked like when we moved in: bare and empty!

IMG_3026IMG_3027

I loved the space but it was nothing fancy!

IMG_3516
I made the curtains out of some nice fabric from HobLob I believe I paid 50 bucks for it all. The curtain rods will get a spray paint job to go black but for now they are up doing their job.

IMG_3517
The dresser and the table will both get repainted a nice white. They got a little beat up in the move !

IMG_3518
The room is a black and white with pink accents color scheme. So far I have a smidge of each! As I see things I will continue to add to it.

IMG_3525
This is where I want to put an expedit bookshelf as soon as I find one for a steal!

IMG_3523
Can you read the text? All of this clutter corner will go on the bookshelf!

IMG_3526
Here is the rug I got yalls advice on! 99% of you chose this rug… You like?

IMG_3527IMG_3528IMG_3508IMG_3522

IMG_3529
Little reading corner. The French chair will get a makeover eventually. I just read on Richmond Thrifter, who just happens to live about 5 minutes from me that PRISON as in JAIL will reupholster furniture for you for a small fee. So yeah I love helping people less fortunate and I believe inmates fall into that category!! Thanks Erin! Head over to her blog she is a lot of fun.

IMG_3530
A table I got off of craigslist just.like.this. It was so cheap I bought it because this is what I wanted and I probably couldn’t of created it for less and it was already done!

So there you have it? What do yall think? Anything I can add or do different?

Ok we are off to the circus!!!


holly

Hooking up with:





Good Life Wednesdays






Weekend Bloggy Reading



















Transformation Thursday





32 comments:

  1. it is looking great holly! i love how you have the desk in the center of the room and the dresser behind the chair- that set up is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree and im so jealous that you have an ENTIRE room to yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks wonderful!! Also, I love that you call it a Mom Cave. That's fantastic!

    I LOVE the pink curtains and WHERE did you get the gorgeous rug???

    Have a great evening!

    Cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I'm your newest subscriber because I want to see how it turns out!

    Cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!! Those are some good lookin' curtains.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I need a mom cave. How pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty color scheme! Looks like it is coming together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom cave is gonna rock!! You are a lot further than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Looking forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perky space! I could get right down to things in here. I like your color choices. I'm visiting from Sarah's party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The room is looking great! Love what you've done with it so far. Great color combo and love the shades of pink here and there. Glad you added your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. im over from a beach cottage
    love what you have done with that space. looks great

    ReplyDelete
  13. one of all thomas sabo earrings those names, which have nicely understood the seasonal needs and so have produced the wears thomas sabo charm carrier which could sustain somebody cozy through thomas sabo sale the freezing iciness. You would not merely stay cozy but in thomas sabo watches add-on will thomas sabo uk research as very much as day and trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't change a single thing in the room. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the room. Love your color scheme. I have one teensy suggestion though, a feminine or smaller desk chair. What a nice mom cave!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great job on your mom cave! really like the color combo, and the desk facing the front like that (i'd probably stick it under the window or something.) i like your way instead, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm about an hour North of Richmond, and I am so tempted to look into this reupholstery thing! Have to think about if I know any state workers. :s Your Mom Cave is looking fabulous! I've been looking on Craig's List for my area of VA, and I can't ever seem to find anything. :s I may suck it up and head to IKEA. I love your rug!

    Visiting from Thrifty Decor Chick. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Found you at TDC and this room is going along great! I love the white, black, pink color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice! And nice touch it is to coordinate your pet with the decor!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the room and your writing style from being inundated by life to the unpainted rods being up and "doing their job" for now. I can so so relate:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! I love it! I am coveting a Mom Cave now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, stunning! I love the colors. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the rug. I'm in the process of redoing my office on a budget...it's a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL...that is funny if you can brag that you chair was reupolstered at a prison...I think that would be a first! :)

    I love the pink and black and your little rat dog totally blends in with the carpet!

    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovin' the mom cave! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful!!!! I'm now following! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  27. very pretty start on your own space...love the pink and black and shabby chicness of it all...mostly i envy you for your own creative space...well done!

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it, Holly! I'd go black, white, pink {maybe even green} if I had a Mom cave or home office. I love that area rug ~ perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, I wish I had someplace like that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That space is breathtaking. It's elegant and feminine. I love all the pink accents specially the curtains. I wish I had taken a sewing class before.

    ReplyDelete

{I love everything you have to say}